PDA

View Full Version : How to export to 3ds with Textures?

vikigrafx
05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone

I had modeled a sports car for a client using 3ds Max.The client want the output in .3DS and the entire object as single entity , hence i created all the textures using photoshop. After giving Material IDs i had assigned all the textures using Multi-subobject material. I had used different UVW map Modifiers with different Map channel numbers for diff Material IDs. When i rendered in Max it is coming perfectly.
But, after exporting into 3DS file and imported back to a new file the textures i used are not coming properly. Only 1 Id texture is coming properly remaining textures are not coming properly. what could be the problem?

I tried Render to Texture also( Baking), but no use. i want the model to be exported perfectly with the applied textures.

Is there any better procedure than the above. Please help me, i need to deliver the work immidiately. Already i was late by 2 days. Thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2006, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.