PDA

View Full Version : How to mirror an animation?

RSP
05-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey!

I've been working on a minigame animation for the past couple of days. I'm quite new to the whole animating part of "3D" but i'm getting the hang of it. The thing is, i've created an animation for a goalkeeper to dive to the left (to catch the ball offcourse) and we've tried to mirror the animation software wise, but it is taking up too much time. I do want the exact same animation for the dive in the opposite position, but can't seem to get the whole animation "mirrored". The whole animation is a total of 32 frames, with a couple of keyframes. I used a biped for my character. I hope one of you guys can help me out! :)

Thanks in advance!
-Remco

edit; also tell me if it isn't possible please :)

veerajesh
06-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey!

I've been working on a minigame animation for the past couple of days. I'm quite new to the whole animating part of "3D" but i'm getting the hang of it. The thing is, i've created an animation for a goalkeeper to dive to the left (to catch the ball offcourse) and we've tried to mirror the animation software wise, but it is taking up too much time. I do want the exact same animation for the dive in the opposite position, but can't seem to get the whole animation "mirrored". The whole animation is a total of 32 frames, with a couple of keyframes. I used a biped for my character. I hope one of you guys can help me out! :)

Thanks in advance!
-Remco

edit; also tell me if it isn't possible please :).

Yes there is chances..... i think you want to change(mirror) the animation. select the top node scale it in X -1 and then try.
am i right?

cheerioboy
06-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm assuming since you said you're working with biped that you're using 3ds max. To mirror a biped animation, select your biped and in the motion pannel you'll have a 'Keyframing Tools' rollout. There's a button that looks like two purple arrows pointing to each other, hovering over it you'll get the tooltip 'Mirror'. Hit it, Tada!

Goodluck~!

RSP
06-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks you guys, for helping me out!
We had allready found a software solution, but this will still come in very handy!

CGTalk Moderation
06-17-2006, 09:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.