PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions

Oddgit
05-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi, i am graduating from the Academy of Art, this friday!!! yay me!
Now that i will have a ton of free time on my hand, i want to start learning other apps besides maya, I have always been impressed with XSI and was wondering if i should invest the cost of the student license to learn it. I know Maya Modo and LightWave prety well, not an expert though, i even know some houdini.
Not ever seeing the app, do you think it would be worth my time, i read alot of posts saying the app kicks ass.
Any input would be nice.

Bennyhase
05-24-2006, 07:24 PM
...there is a free version of Softimage XSI, at the Softimage Homepage www.softimage.com (http://www.softimage.com)

... with restricitions in some functions...

or this version does not longer exist?!?

Da Benny

Nii
05-25-2006, 03:02 AM
Perhaps take a look at the "Reasons to switch to XSI" thread. I learnt much from there.

mocaw
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Since the student version is the "hightest" form of the package and can be had for under $300 I don't see how you could go wrong. Why don't you download the 30 day trial and see for yourself? What is your area of focus by the way?

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.