PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy XSI in Australia

cem
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone just wondering where did you guys buy XSI Foundation in Australia so far I've come across XDT and H-Digital but does anyone know of anywhere else to buy it say possibly in Perth. I will probably get it from XDT but I havn't been able to get into their website for the last couple of days and just wanted to check that there wasn't anywhere more local before I try again with them.

I've checked Softimage's page but they only list XDT as a reseller and a google search turned up only the two mentioned.

Also just a question about Foundation does it come with printed manuals or only PDF manuals, I'm swapping from Maya Unlimited Student as my licence is about to run out (can't afford the high cost of a commercial licence at the moment) and I find I learn better if I have a printed manual in front of me to begin with then swap to PDF for reference.

Just one more thing would anyone also know what the maintenance costs are for Australia I know you can't get it for Foundation but I would like to upgrade to a higher version at some point and would like a rough idea of what I'm going to be up for.

Thankyou for any help,

Cheers,

Clair

mr Bob
05-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Your first stop should be softimage.com ............ pay a visit to the shop You can print the pages off the PDf's should you so feel the need for something in your hand !!

good luck

B

Nii
05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
And here I was thinking I was the only person around here from Perth...

lmcgarry
05-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Clair,

The XDT site is working for me and I can certainly recommend them for your purchase.

Regarding the manual - I have Foundation 4.2 and it came with printed manuals for installation and a 500+ page book called "Fundamentals". All the tutorials and other info were PDF/HTML.

Linda

cem
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Cool Thanks Linda that's what I was hoping for Maya came with a similar set up and I found that quite adequate to learn with.

I'm not sure what's going on with the XDT site I can get into it at my work but not at home it's strange as it's the same ISP oh well not to worry I'll just order it from work.

Nii do you know of anyone else who uses XSI in Perth everyone I seem to run into uses Max or Maya.

Cheers,

Clair

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 08:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.