PDA

View Full Version : CD Cover

Sarukazuma
05-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Hello,

I am working on a CD Cover for a music CD case. It is just a fictional CD and I am creating it to improve my drawing and composition skills.

The idea of the drawing is to have two hands playing a guitar. I am not happy with the bottom hand, specifically the thumb. Also the title is only temporary and it's only there to block out the concept.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g245/Sarukazuma/CD-Cover-1.jpg

pap87
05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
If it's good composition you want, I reckon the first thing you can change would be to not make the guitar be so close to the edges, have some more space around it, that would look more pleasing.
Personally I would draw the guitar on a bit of an angle to see it's thickness, that would open up the door for some nice shading, and it literally wouldn't look so flat.
Concerning the hands, try and find an image of someone playing the guitar from that angle, and use it as reference.
I'm no expert, just hope I can be of some help all the same.:thumbsup:

oogieboogietoogie
05-25-2006, 03:43 AM
I agree with making the hands, although maybe not completely shaded and defined to realism, but just by getting the basic shapes a proportions down. It seems almost like vector art.

This is just a personal opinion, but I don't really like the black part of the guitar. It just makes my eye uncomfortable, as strange and stupid as that may sound. Perhaps making it darker shade of a color, like you've done with the reds and blues?

Sarukazuma
05-27-2006, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the responses,

I have changed the black to a dark purple as well as trying to make the guitar less flat. I removed the bottom hand because it needs to be completely redone.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g245/Sarukazuma/b96d5e32.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2006, 04:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.