PDA

View Full Version : Gorillaz designer wins top award

RobertoOrtiz
05-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Quote:
"One of the creators of cartoon band Gorillaz has picked up a 25,000 award for the amazing 3D animation behind the virtual band's "live" performances. "

>>LINK<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_5000000/newsid_5009200/5009252.stm)

-R

Geta-Ve
05-24-2006, 04:44 PM
That is a cool and useful site, but in my opinion I found alot of the facial expresions to be "fake" You know, like someone trying to hard. For instance the "smile" and the "laughter" one were very fake to me.

Good stuff though for muscle study :)

JMcWilliams
05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm guessing you replied to the wrong thread :D :deal:

rasamaya
05-25-2006, 04:24 AM
I like the facial expession web site, except for the pleasure pose.

For this thread:
I love gorillaz. They have been getting way better.

Kanga
05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
I loved the first couple of vids before they started putting those real people in. Spoilt the mood entirely:)

maxplugins
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm really glad that Jamie Hewlett won that award, I have loved his artwork and humour since he started drawing Tank Girl in '87 (or was it '88?)...

Dave

ZephyrStar
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I have liked Gorillaz for quite awhile...and not just because of their awesome animated videos. I like listening to "Demon Days" now while I work on stuff. They're certainly in a class by themselves musically, and in terms of the animation. And I agree, the onstage stuff isn't nearly as good as their actual music videos. There was a rumor a few years back about the possibility of a Gorillaz movie being made...which I think is a fabulous idea because of the way their albums flow...they tell a story. Even "Clint Eastwood" had a great story, and the video was great too in terms of progressing with a story. It'd be just plain awesome if they came up with an album and did a whole animated production of the entire album, as a story, I guess it'd be a musical! :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.