PDA

View Full Version : WIP Character design

krass
05-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Hello, this is the second piece I am posting here. ( I had to give up on the first one because there were too many things wrong with it )
After paying closer attention to anatomy, I drew this. I still have to clean up a lot of things and the face needs more attention, but I decided to post this WIP in order to get some crits on the shading and anatomy as a whole. Please be honest and don't hold anything back. Of course don't make me feel bad on purpose :wise: I have feelings too . Haha.:)

EDIT: updated image is up

pap87
05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Everything seems OK this far, except for the right arm. It's in a very awkward position and also the upper arm is very long.
Keep up the good work though.

krass
05-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Thanks Pap87!

I made the left arm a bit shorter and changed the position of the right arm completly. I think this way it looks like a more natural pose. Also at this point I think it is nearly finished, so if there are any crits about anythign at all, please say something : )

Thanks for looking!

aldog
05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
instead of replacing the attachment, you should maybe add a new one.
I can kind of remember what it looked like, and I think that this new one looks better with the new arm positioning
I think that the left leg pant needs to be a little thicker where it's rolled, because so much of it is rolled that it would be quite thick, also maybe make the right leg a 3/4ths length and a little thicker, also, with the positioning of the pant you would be able to see the inside of the pants as well, so just give it a back
very good work and i like the detail shading on the legs

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.