PDA

View Full Version : Rollout Checkbox Reload

omega3d
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Okay, I am trying to create this rollout that has a checkbox.. Did that. The purpose of this checkbox is to turn on and off the layermanager's freeze button. I have this rollout in an attribute holder on an object. Now, when I deselect the object and re-select the object -- even though the layer manager has a frozen layer -- the checkbox is still unchecked... Here are the properties in corresponding order.

Checkbox.checked == true : layer.isfrozen = true
Checkbox.checked == false : layer.isfrozen = false

Any ideas on how to make this operation work?

Thanks,
Jon

Bobo
05-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Okay, I am trying to create this rollout that has a checkbox.. Did that. The purpose of this checkbox is to turn on and off the layermanager's freeze button. I have this rollout in an attribute holder on an object. Now, when I deselect the object and re-select the object -- even though the layer manager has a frozen layer -- the checkbox is still unchecked... Here are the properties in corresponding order.

Checkbox.checked == true : layer.isfrozen = true
Checkbox.checked == false : layer.isfrozen = false

Any ideas on how to make this operation work?

Thanks,
Jon

Obviously, you need either an event handler executed when the rollout is opened, or a callback (not so good idea) to set the value in the UI. Normally, a parameter in an attribute holder could be linked to other tracks, but unfortunately the layer frozen state is not a property you could easily link a UI control to.

Try the on yourRollout open do () handler and see if it actually gets called when you reselect the object (I haven't tried this before).

omega3d
05-24-2006, 02:31 AM
How do you normally check the state of an item within the UI with a rollout? Thanks for the sugguestion though.. I don't think i tried the on open one.. I tried the on load and such..

omega3d
05-24-2006, 02:46 AM
Actually.. That worked perfectly.. For those who will use this for reference, put a

on yourRoll open do function()

inside the rollout... Works great.

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2006, 02:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.