PDA

View Full Version : New Ghost Rider Trailers

LabRat1
05-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Two new trailers for Ghost Rider, they are slightly different...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

Digiegg
05-23-2006, 09:23 PM
beh....
it looks....
beh...

Bonedaddy
05-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Looks like fun, although I doubt it'll do very well financially.

FunkyT
05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
ok, not every super-hero ever created deserves a movie....

Xevious
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
ok, not every super-hero ever created deserves a movie....

You have a good point (*Cough* Howard the Duck *Cough*), but I think this film is worth a look. It looks like a B-movie to me and on that level, it could be pretty good.

cookepuss
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
You have a good point (*Cough* Howard the Duck *Cough*),
Classic case of property mismanagement. All of the bite & social commentary of the original Gerber comic was stripped from the movie.

Papa Lazarou
05-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Looks like fun. I've never read the comic, so I don't know what it's supposed to be about, but I'll probably be interested in seeing this at some point.

I'll be willing to look past it when the film comes out, but Cage's hair looks fake. Some of the other effects are probably not finished yet and will look better in the film.

TimAnderson
05-24-2006, 12:07 AM
This movie just goes to show that not everything that looks good on paper looks good on celluloid. Some graphic novels should remain just that.

TheChosen1
05-24-2006, 12:25 AM
That shot with the old western ghost rider looks great. Some of the other skull shots don't look so hot, though. No pun intended.

Geta-Ve
05-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Ya that skull really tends to bob around.. like a bobble head doll! That is gonna be weird

Jaycee77
05-24-2006, 12:39 AM
There is actually an exisiting thread covering this trailer as well:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=356852&highlight=ghost+rider

R3desiGN
05-24-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey guys Eva Mendes is staring in that movie so it can't be wrong :P

noxy
05-24-2006, 03:09 AM
The problem for me is that all the shots seem overlit. If they could just make the skull darker too, that would look better imo.
http://www.tumbaabierta.com/noticias/img/ghost_rider2.jpg
Although it is the director of Daredevil, so you can't hope for too much.

Noxy

de_tomato
05-24-2006, 04:22 AM
hmm.. for me its kinda going to be overated-big-buget-B movie. Just cant seem to like it. The first trailer look really amaturish..

zeilstra999
05-24-2006, 06:55 AM
The way I see it, this movie has alot of potential. Just a few things need to be addressed. The skull looks too fake to me, as well as the fire. Clean those up and I don't think it'll be that bad. Of course this is just the teaser. Still lots of time for post-production. They've got David S. Goyer on this project. The story will at least be decent. Would have help alot more if he directed though.

Bonedaddy
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
They've got David S. Goyer on this project. The story will at least be decent. Would have help alot more if he directed though.

Are you kidding me? Did you SEE Blade 3, directed and written by the Goyer? In my opinion, Goyer is neutral at best and poison at worst.

EDIT: Didn't realize that calling him "The Goy" is a Jewish insult. Eep!

chadtheartist
05-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Some of the shots look very early. Hopefully with a bit of TLC they can improve it a bit. Is it just Imageworks working on this, or a bunch of studios?

Nicodemus
05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you SEE Blade 3, directed and written by the Goy? In my opinion, Goyer is neutral at best and poison at worst.

Have to go with you on this......let him write all her wants, just do not direct. Still, I am more excited about this movie now than I was previously.

Leslie

albedo4800hp
05-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I think Nicolas Cage is already the definite KO criteria.

Xevious
05-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you SEE Blade 3, directed and written by the Goyer? In my opinion, Goyer is neutral at best and poison at worst.

Yeah Blade 3 was upsetting because the first 2 films were great. Goyer did redeem himself by writting a decent script for Batman Begins...

Its was almost like he had a split personality. Both films were miles apart in quality.

simps
05-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey guys Eva Mendes is staring in that movie so it can't be wrong :P

Did you see 2 Fast 2 Furious? :sad:

zeilstra999
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM

True, Blade 3 didn't meet my expectations, but Batman Begins met and exceeded my expectations. So, like I said... At least the story will be decent with him co-writing. Besides, Goyer knows his comics. He's pretty much a comic nut. I have faith in the story at least. How it will look... who knows?

AdamHerbert
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I think Nicolas Cage is already the definite KO criteria.

lol, I was thinking the same thing.

After seeing the trailer I have a little more faith in the movie, but it will definitley be a renter. I can't see paying $10 to watch this in the theaters.

nickepstein
05-26-2006, 12:35 PM
ghost rider was the only comic i collected reguarly, and i think theres a great premise there. i REALLY hope this isn't a turkey, i'll definitely go see it, trailer wasn't bad. hope the movie stands up without the voice-over..... or it was just to explain the trailer to those not so geeked out on the comics.

Wilson-3d
05-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I hope it is a good one. I use to enjoy the last run of the comic - was that the early 90's? I think the skull could use some more black or something too. It was the main thing that looked odd to me - so white. I bet the final will look really good though and will probably check it out the in theater. Just so many to see this year.

brewski
05-26-2006, 04:01 PM
That Is The Greatest Thing I Have Ever Seen, I Dont Understand How No One Seems Excited ....wow

R10k
05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Looks good to an old GR fan like me ;)

TheChosen1
05-26-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't like that shot of Nic Cage saying, "lets ride!" and then turning into the Ghost Rider. The skull doesn't look like its in the right place. In the comics, the guy's face would melt off. Turning into ghost rider was a painful experience.

Capel
05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
man, i don't know about you guys but this trailer was WAY better than i expected. some of those shots with him on his bike look great! i love when he whips the building with his chain to pull his bike down. and the shot with him riding in the desert at night with that horseman... i don't know, i suddenly have a little more faith in this one. ...keeping my fingers crossed.

Ed Bittner
05-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I agree that most of the FX shots look like temps, but I do think it's on the right track. Still, it has the "feel" of the comic I read in the 70s. Since then we've had countless rip-offs. Spawn, anyone?
E.

arvid
05-27-2006, 11:22 PM
That Is The Greatest Thing I Have Ever Seen, I Dont Understand How No One Seems Excited ....wow

Try using lower-case letters for all words except the very first letter of each sentence. Other exceptions include names and acronyms.

Thanks. ;)

chadtheartist
05-29-2006, 08:38 AM
OK, after seeing the preview on the big screen I have to take back what I said earlier. It looks very good, and may in fact be pretty cool flick. I guess I just needed to see it on the big screen for it to sink in. heh

Stillwell
05-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Try using lower-case letters for all words except the very first letter of each sentence. Other exceptions include names and acronyms.

Thanks. ;)

Hehehe.

When I went to see X3, they showed a pretty long 3 or 5 minutes trailer of Ghost Rider, and in the end everybody was laughing. Nicholas Cage was alright in some movies (Matchstick men, Family man, even The Rock) but this looks like a lost cause.

thoughtlesswhisper
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
i dont know wether you guys all saw the same trailer cos i see the comments are from a while back. but i just came bak from the cinema and that trailer KICKED ASS!!

i reeeally dislike nicholas cage. i think hes such a lame actor and i dont like what he brings to the screen. i think he bores me. but regardless, i like skeletons, i like fire, i like buildings and i like sfx. this had shitloads of that.

the scene where hes ridin up the building, and when he uses the chain to pull his bike back onto the wall of the building is mad.

you guys are all cussing the effects. i duno if your joking or wether your all leet with 3d or wat, but those effects rock. hard. anyway my 2 cents.

Kanga
08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Looks pretty damn good. Never saw the comic. I'd hire the dvd.

Jeeze you would have a crappy sex life if you were this dude. Your chick scratches your back and boom yr hair catches fire!:eek:

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2006, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.