PDA

View Full Version : Problems with bipes in 3dsmax

Yerude
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi, I have some problems with the bipes i used for my model.
They use wrong dots and some dots wont move,other move but the mustn't.
When i move the bipes of the left leg, some dots of the right one will move,too.
I used a skin modifiere and added the bipes but i cant change the radius.
And i cant fix the problem with the skin modifier. Maybe i just set some wrong values, maybe i added the wrong modfier or i did something else wrong.
Need help!
have a look:
http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fehler5hi.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fehler5hi.jpg)

gman
05-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Do a skinning tutorial bud.

Yerude
05-24-2006, 08:30 AM
... are u kidding?
I asked for help not for some stupid sayings.
Tutorials never fix problems, they only tell the reader the basics.
So if you realy want to help, do it and stop telling nonsense.

kryb
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Take it easy! Gman give You the right answer... it is skinning problem...

Puck
05-26-2006, 12:06 PM
"Tutorials never fix problems, they only tell the reader the basics."- The problem you're experiencing is 'the basics'. The tutorials on the net are not always helpful, but the ones that ship with Max are pretty good (under the help menu).

"I used a skin modifiere and added the bipes but i cant change the radius."
-You want to change the envelopes, press the big "EDIT ENVELOPES" button on the skin modifier (the shortcut is 1) and then use the move tool to change the radius. You can also tick the box marked "verticies" and then select individual "dots" to give them weighting relative to the vertices.

"So if you realy want to help, do it and stop telling nonsense."
- IMHO you should check the user-reference before posting questions on forums.

gman
05-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Yerude, i was trying to give you a simple answer to a basic problem, if you don't have the common sense to realise that, then maybe skinnings not your biggest issue. I took the time to read your post and give you a solution, and you fling that crap at me! We're all friends here, maybe you should start showing a little respect. 'Ye' very 'rude'.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.