PDA

View Full Version : Aliasing artifacts

TheWriter
01-08-2003, 10:40 PM
I've noticed some aliasing artifacts showing up in my render. I've tried even high levels of anti-aliasing, and changing from normal lights to hdri, etc and nothing seems to help. Any idea as to why these jaggies just refuse to disapear?

http://www.highpoly3d.com/writer/wip/alias.jpg

leigh
01-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Oh those are just plain horrible :annoyed:

Have you tried rendering it at twice that size? What happens then?

Psyhke
01-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Could there be some extra polygons or rings of two point polys in there?

EnergyMan
01-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Psyhke
Could there be some extra polygons or rings of two point polys in there?

I get the same feeling... but I'm new to LW, so I dont know how LW reacts to that situation although that's what it looks like to me.

TheWriter
01-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Alright guys thanks. I remodeled the items from scratch and the artifacts have disapeared. I don't know what was the culprit, could have been those weird polys... At least it's fixed (for now).

CG.p
01-09-2003, 04:04 AM
This may not be a problems on THAT render,but....

If you use HDRI reflection images you could force LW to try to anti-alias between two pixels it can't. Going from a superbight (rgb = 100,000) to black with only one step between won't happen. That example would still give you a RGB of 50,000, still overblown white but technically anti-aliased.

It could be that remodeling gave a different angle on the edges and isn't picking it up. Just thought I'd throw that out there if it shows up again.

-CG

Psyhke
01-09-2003, 06:27 AM
Using 'Limit Dynamic Range' usually clears up the problems CG.p just mentioned... (Under Image Processing Tab). :wavey:

aYs
01-09-2003, 06:08 PM
CG.p & Psyhke:

i always get this antialiasing problem with hdris

thaks alot for the hint :bounce:

ok, sorry, back to the actual thread :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.