PDA

View Full Version : Race-CG Feature

turkeyvulture
05-23-2006, 04:44 AM
http://www.racethemovie.net/

Hyper Image, Inc. is proud to present the official website for the new feature film “race.”
Currently in post production, the new sci-fi adventure feature will have its debut in 2006.

“race” is a truly independent CGI feature that will appeal to action fans, Sci-Fi fans, and of course video game enthusiasts who like their movies fast, furious and in glorious CGI.

The entire production was done at the Los Angeles studios of Hyper Image, as a showcase for its talented animators and staff. We tested the limits of the production pipeline that we created for the Emmy nominated series “Starship Troopers Roughneck Chronicles” and “Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century.” It’s a production process we’ve been refining ever since, bringing the monetary and personnel costs to an affordable level without sacrificing the integrity and artistic vision for the project.

http://www.racethemovie.net/

http://www.hyperimage.net/

albedo4800hp
05-23-2006, 08:03 AM
No offence but this looks more like a Videogame than a movie! Looks a bit like Full Auto from Sega Labs

MDuffy
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Your website won't open under Firefox and Linux.

Cheers,
Michael Duffy

slaughters
05-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Your website won't open under Firefox and Linux.

Cheers,
Michael DuffyWorked for me, though I did have to click on "refresh" to view it.

BAROBA
05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
It opens under FF 1.5.0.3 fine here.
You guys made “Starship Troopers Roughneck Chronicles” ?
Sorry to say, but that series looks alot better then this... And SSRC looks even less dated then this.
And your Team Tagmata, has something that looks a bit too much like a swastika, but that would be just me ( WW2 is one of my hobbies)

But overal, this doesn't look very appealing, the animations are below the standards set in SSRC.
I would ignore this if I ever saw it on a dvd.

DDS
05-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Hehe I think the trailer was done too fast but it the movie might be cool. The music is that one of Paradox, or u can also say arranged versions of midis for old games :D

Models could use more work and animations too, but what the heck man, it's not a hollywood production where they can spend 50 times more money...Anyways I must say I really liked some shots and the camera animations were pretty good!

Website design looks a bit weak though.

Good luck with the release :)

CupOWonton
05-23-2006, 05:45 PM
The characters dont look enjoyable, the voices make them sound even worse, and the visual quality isnt realy appealing.

Because of the overall difference between this and Starship Troopers, I have reached a conundrum.

"
Starship Troopers: The Roughneck Chronicles - Converted and matched elements from Lightwave, modeled, textured, and animated multiple episodes of the all CGI (3D animation) series for Columbia Pictures Television. Nominated for a Daytime Emmy."

How many episodes exactly did you do that to? Did you animate the entire episode? or just elements such as flight and land vehicles?
And who with your company was actualy working on Starship Troopers then, thats still with your company now? Because theres a serious quality difference. And Im guessing ya'll didnt model the characters as much as you did environmental aspects.

bjoern
05-23-2006, 06:09 PM
poorly bad charackter animation... zz tzz :)

swardson
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I really liked some of the racing vehicle shots... Coming from a non-feature film side of production, I respect the work you are doing and I dont know that I could do better by myself, but looking at this from a consumers perspective I think the animation, lighting and texturing of the characters is extremely weak.

Good luck,

-Brad

tevih
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
That looked like a 90's game cinematic. :sad:

mech7
05-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Is that wipeout on the psx :D

MDuffy
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Worked for me, though I did have to click on "refresh" to view it.

Looks like the site requires Flash version 8, and version 7 is the highest version currently available for Linux. Ah well, guess I won't check out the site then. You'd think offering an HTML version of a web stie would be a no brainer.

Cheers,
Michael Duffy

albedo4800hp
05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Looks like the site requires Flash version 8, and version 7 is the highest version currently available for Linux. Ah well, guess I won't check out the site then. You'd think offering an HTML version of a web stie would be a no brainer.

Cheers,
Michael Duffy

Not if it uses Flash as movie playback! As it does!

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.