PDA

View Full Version : Someone I once knew

WilburLoyd
05-23-2006, 03:57 AM
http://home.entouch.net/ehendee/face2.jpg

This is my first 2D post. It is a photoshop drawing I created for a recent daily sketch. In the past several years I have not spent much time drawing for the sake of drawing. Most of the time I am sketching 3D ideas. This was a fun diversion from 3D. I may work on it some more, so any suggestions are welcome.

WilburLoyd
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
http://home.entouch.net/ehendee/face4.jpg

Okay, she is happier now. I am working on adding cool colors for shadows. Much work to do.

Sean G.
05-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Hey dude! First off I think you should put in a background colour, something other than white becuae it is quite hard to get mood or a great tonal range when working against white. (for me anyway) Secondly I think you need to work on putting her teeth in her mouth. I don't know what she looks like in real life but in this image she looks like she has an over bite. Her top teeth are over her lip. Also try saving the extreme whites for majour highlights or even shines. Because if you try and add depth of any sort or try and bring out something it may be quite hard becuase of the high contrast in colours. If you get what I mean. I may just be talking crap! :S Anyway, thats my 2c. :) Good luck with it!! (Y)

WilburLoyd
05-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Sean G., thanks for the comments. I do need to add a background color. I guess a blue color for depth. I will work on the lips and teeth as well. The subject had an overbite, but not this dramatic. I am working from memory. You have a good point regarding contrast. I am stuck without painting over.

oogieboogietoogie
05-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Perhaps extending her head up alittle more. It seems as if the top of her head is shrunken.

Also, unless she is like that in real life, maybe bringing up the mouth closer to her nose or rotating it a little, as it seems a bit out of perspective.

eishiya
05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I disagree with Ninetales on extending her head. The height is fine, I think it should just be a little wider at the top. I agree about the mouth, though.

oogieboogietoogie
05-25-2006, 04:43 PM
This is what I mean about the head seeming "shrunk":

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/Ninetales240/Untitled-1copy.jpgI hope you don't mind if I sketched over it, I was just trying to show you what I meant. Maybe repositioning the neck as well, as in my opinion she's holding her head in a distorted position.

EDIT: The redlines indicate the ending where her skin is, so in reality, her hair would be a bit higher than that. Right now, it just seems to me that her hair is plastered on top of her head.

WilburLoyd
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Ninetales, thanks for the illustration. I find it very helpful. It really shows the distortion.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.