PDA

View Full Version : how do i do this?

Akuma
01-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Ok, for my site i need an animation i can attach to objects that will mold to the motion, like a script of some kind.

The animation has to be of small stars twinkling and falling from the center point. The whole thing is, i want to have the animations to change as it moves. Like if i attach it to the cursor i need the star animation to compensate for the movement and not drag the stars left anf right, but rather drop them in whatever location the object is in and let it drop right there. Also it needs a acceleration effect to it. So the stars need to fall slow at first then speed up as they go. This way if the object moves down the stars float on top and expirence zero G for a milisecond then fall. Also, it needs to sprout from the sides aswell as from the buttom, this way when sitting still it doesnt make a line of stars undernieth but rather creates almost a comet look with the falling stars. Does anyone know how to script this kind of thing?

right now i have the star animations all set up and ready to go, i just need to know how to script the actions like above. But this isnt for a cursor, i just have many, many objects to use this animation on, so i need one that i can attach to all of them that will compensate for the different movements.

Ian Jones
01-09-2003, 12:45 PM
eek, thats a confusing description. Do you have any specific examples on the net that we could look at for a better idea?

It doesn't sound too hard to script... but I am not quite at the level to give much advice in that area. Just confirming for you that I think it should be fairly easy to integrate.

fig
01-09-2003, 03:27 PM
yeah, i'm kinda lost too. i'm thinking you may be trying to make jurassic park before you know how to animate a bouncing ball here :) there's lots of little things that would make up what you decribed that you need to start figuring out before you'd really be able to put all that together. start small, build a part of it then start asking questions and we can be more help.

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.