PDA

View Full Version : Aurella's Sketch Thread *Nudity*

Aurella
05-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi Everyone! I've been browsing these forums for awhile now, and I figured it was finally time to start my own sketch thread. I'm really excited to see the learning process that goes on here, and I'm anxious to get started myself.

I am a mostly self-taught digital artist, although I've taken a few other art classes here and there. I currently am a Game Art and Design major at the Art Institute Online. Most of my creative energy is taken up with school, but in my spare time I love to create digital paintings and work on my own personal art.

I hope to update this thread frequently with various projects that I'm working on.

Here is the first one that I will post. This is a current work-in-progress that I've been working on on and off for about a month. The final painting will be a female pirate (but not typical pirate clothes...I wanted something a bit different, so I'm going for a gold color scheme) on a boat with a stormy sky and waves behind her. I'm also planning on adding some lanterns on the boat so that the lighting currently on her skin tone makes sense. She will be fully clothed on the final version, but I really need to practice anatomy/skin tones etc... so I figured I would try and completely paint her in the nude first. Plus, doing it this way really helps me figure out how the clothes will lay later on.

Well, I think that's about it! Here is a step by step of how the project has evolved thus far along with the references that I'm using. Sorry for the horizontal scroll. =(

http://www.artbynicoleburnette.com/work%20in%20progress%20copy.jpg

And then here is a current work in progress of where the project stands at this moment.

http://www.artbynicoleburnette.com/current%20work%20in%20progress.jpg

I would love some critique on this. The feet, hands, and legs are no where near being done. They're basically just roughed in at this point. The torso up is pretty much finished, but may need some more blending. The face....I'm having issues with it. I'm not sure if the nose is too big or if the mouth is too big, but something just doesn't seem right. I want her to look content, but someone told me that she looked aroused, and I definitely don't want that lol. Another spot that I could use criticism on is the hat. I've not painted fabric very often, but I wanted it to look like the shiny paisley print fabric like the reference photo. I'm not sure if I achieved that or not. Also, this is the first time I've painted lace, and it was tough! But anything that you all have to offer would be fantastic!

Thanks so much!!

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.