PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Query

bfe
05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi there,

I've just ordered a student (permanent) license of XSI 5.1 and have a query about licensing.

I have two physically seperate (hundred miles or so...) computers which aren't connected via a network, which I would like to be using XSI on (one's at uni, the other is at home). Is there a way to set up the licensing system such that I just have to swap the dongle between the computers to work XSI, or is that not an option?

I have read through the XSI installation and licensing documentation and found no reference to this sort of setup; I also asked Softimage, but have received no response as yet. I'm fairly sure that this isn't some stupid newbie question!

Thanks in advance,

B

softmonkey
05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
You can take the dongle and license file and install it on any machine. So no probs for you.

Just don't forget/loose your dongle.

bfe
05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks very much for the reply softmonkey. I was going to ask how you are so sure, then I looked at the LHS of the screen and saw what you do for a living...

Just to clarify: From what I remember of installing XSI 4 at home a while back, I install XSI, then the licensing software, I then plug the dongle in and generate a license request. I email this to SI, and get a license back which I duly install. Now, moving on to the second computer, will it not generate a different license request when I've installed everything?

Or have I completely got it wrong/forgotten/everything's changed?

Thanks in advance,

B

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.