PDA

View Full Version : wish - on the river of forgivness

TheFirstAngel
05-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Here's a personal project of mine. i know its early, but usually i am posting steps of a piece, here's the first glance. all c&c of course welcome as usual

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/digital_paintings/wip/wish/wish_01_sml.jpg

warpy
05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
i like the fact that you can see she is thinking about something while looking into the river,
no crits yet, just because its an early wip.

jmBoekestein
05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Alrright, let's see some of that fantastic shading you been secretly brewing up!!! :scream:

:applause:

MichaelZHsee
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
man u better finish this piece ,i'm watching this thread:D

makaron
05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
nice dreamy green shades... :thumbsup:

umbrellasky
05-22-2006, 10:14 PM
OoOooo great atmosphere already Sacha! This is beautiful :D I like the composition very much.

:scream:

TheFirstAngel
05-25-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/digital_paintings/wip/wish/wish_01b_sml.jpg

started the work on the foliage, for minor details i use texturebrushes and for the sharpening a comon hard brush with shapedynamics on and off thought i post a step between so noone asks how i got to the next real update :p

here's a preview :)

Imirie
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Oooh, nice. :D It seems so secluded, and I love the greens.

Runecaster
05-25-2006, 04:59 PM
I really dig this style, can't wait to watch it all unfold :)

offbeatworlds
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow, lovely colors, and the BG is just stunning even at this stage. I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on this one. Great work so far!

calisto-lynn
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
wow! this looks beautifull! i love the colours, great work on the atmosphere!!wee cant wait 4 more^^

TheFirstAngel
05-26-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/digital_paintings/wip/wish/wish_01c_sml.jpg

quick update, started drendering the girl

now for a littl thanks to anyone who started follow this :)

Warpy: thanks a lot mate for the continuos engouraging, much appreciated!

JM: thanks mate

Michael: lol, ok 2 updates in one day, recent enough for you? :p

Mona: Thanks a lot! this is so far one of my dreamiest pieces and i am happy to paint it :)

Madalaine: glad you like the composition, so far work for me at the moment wich not always was the case :D thanks for your encouragement!

Imirie: thank you so much :)

LM: Thank you so much!

Sylanya: :) hope you'll still like it tomorrow, hehe, tonite had enough of painting leafes and started rendering the girl, wich of course is far from being finished as well. hehe, hope i wont disappoint you :)

Calisto: Thank you so much!!! wheee yess actually this is one of my fav pieces to work at. might be the strange season ;)

Lybra
05-26-2006, 02:22 AM
:applause: the colors are so pretty, need updates ... gogo!

(wie ist das wetter in zürich? :twisted: )

warpy
05-26-2006, 05:45 AM
do you realy think that by signing it you are not going to polish it to death ?
:P

offbeatworlds
05-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Haha, of course I still love it. The colors are so vivid and the background is looking awesome. I also really like the pose of the girl, she looks really expressive. Nice work!

TheFirstAngel
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
K here's a small update, further work on the foliage :)

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/digital_paintings/wip/wish/wish_01d_sml.jpg

Lybra: danke gut :) etwas herbsttlich aber passt :)

warpy: lol, what do you think :p

Sylanya: thanks a lot :) actually continued on the foliage, sigh, was a faily stupid idea to start with a3 300dpi, so much work :rolleys:

DrIvErD
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
cool pic as usual i like the inviroment :love: keep up the good work my friend

RalphDamiani
10-23-2006, 09:07 PM
This is looking very beautiful! For some reason I can picture her dress colour changing to a turquoise blue. I think perhaps it's because this piece reminds me of Ted Nasmith's Luthien Tinuviel to some degree. And that blue looked fantastic contrasting with the green foliage. :)

Shadowbrooke
10-24-2006, 04:59 PM
It's been awhile since I got see another wip from you. I think the last I stumbled into was the girl holding a black rose in front of the mirror?! I love the forest in this one. Such richness of green and the river is beautiful. The lady looks very pensive...lost in thoughts..I wonder what she's thinking about...Just great great painting! :bounce:

Schoende
10-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I like it. Your style reminds me of the cards game magic the gathering somehow... Dunno why ;). Keeo going

slickgreekgeo
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
This is looking great. One thing that bothers me are the 'white' highlights at the top; I think it would work better if you add more color to it (a light blue or yellow perhaps? maybe set it to soft light).

Other than that, great progress. Looking forward to updates.

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2006, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.