PDA

View Full Version : Too much 2D at the frontpage

Menesis
05-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I've been here for a while and I noticed there are more and more 2d stills and less 3d stills at the frontpage. I think the balance should be 50%-50% :P

erilaz
05-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Personal opinion:
To be perfectly honest, that's because the 2D submissions have been far outweighing the 3D in terms of quality and impact for some time now. You get the occasional 3D gem, but there is some pretty consistent solid work coming out of the digital painting community recently.

pnoland
05-25-2006, 01:58 AM
It shouldn't be 50/50, it should be plugged by quality and that's what the forum leaders have been doing. I feel the mix is well and I enjoy seeing fantastic 2d work as well as 3d. All is well in cgsociety land in my opinion. :)

Kirt
05-25-2006, 02:25 AM
This really isn't a support issue. It boils down to the quality of the submissions. If you want to see more 3D then submit more quality 3D work. It just happens that right now we're experiencing more quality work in the 2D galleries. So, that's what we have for now.

It'll change. :D

leigh
05-25-2006, 02:39 AM
I've been here for a while and I noticed there are more and more 2d stills and less 3d stills at the frontpage. I think the balance should be 50%-50% :P

Waaaah.

Seriously, why *should* there be a balance? Work is plugged based on quality, not to fill some daily quota of work. The fact is that the 2D stuff submitted to this site is generally of a far better quality than the 3D work. I personally only plug stuff that really makes me go "wow" and that only happens once every few months for me, when looking at the 3D stuff.

salmonmoose
05-25-2006, 04:39 AM
If it makes you feel any better, it turns out that all the featured artists this week on http://portfolio.cgsociety.org are 3D artists :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.