PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem?

loqutos
01-08-2003, 05:31 PM
In this really good head modeling tutorial I am having a problem. How do you get this structure....I start with a box, then sub divide it twice...it is not the same as the one in the tutorial.
In the tut image marked "3 sections", you will notice there are 3 sections of polys...in the box that I made, there are "4 sections"...what am I doing wrong. How do I get the same number of sections in my model as the artist who did the tut got in his?

Thanks for any help
Loqutos

loqutos
01-08-2003, 05:32 PM

Corn Dog
01-08-2003, 05:36 PM
When making a box hit the arrow buttons.

It will add horizontal and vertical divisions into your box.

Ayreon
01-08-2003, 07:12 PM
In the tutorial you're following, just create a box, only one segment on all axis.
press tab. Now make sure you're patch divisions are set to 3. It's in the options panel, so press "o" and check it.
Now press control d to freeze the object. Then press tab again en start modeling away!
Good luck.

Ayreon

loqutos
01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
I really appreciate this forum and hope it never closes or goes away. It is so great to encounter a problem and come here to ask for help with it...within minutes, somebody will come along and post a reply.
Thanks so much for your replies.

Loqutos

Ayreon
01-10-2003, 06:28 AM
glad I could help. Show us your progress!

Ayreon

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.