PDA

View Full Version : off centred rotation

mattaudio
05-22-2006, 06:49 AM
hi,

When i zoom to a specific area, i use the G key to recenter the camera but as soon as i use the zoom tool ,the camera lose the center of the geometry and the camera is off centred again.
Is there a way to keep a point as center of the camera rotation even if we're zoming in and out?

Thanks for your help.

::keith::
05-22-2006, 09:53 AM
If you use the zoom button in the top corner of a viewport the view will stay centred as it is.

However, if you use the keyboard shortcut (alt+ctrl+LMB for Lightwave style navigation) the zoom will re-centre the viewport based on where you clicked the LMB. It's actually quite a useful system. It allows you to quickly navigate to the area of interest. Just make sure you click on where you'd like the zoom to be centred.

Keith

WoodyLWG
05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Select an area of interest, hit Shift+A to zoom camera to new center of rotation.

Problems solved. :D

mattaudio
05-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks keith, the zoom button in the top corner works perfectly .

You're right,the off centred rotation is caused by the mouse zooming behavior. It is quite useful to quickly zoom to a specific area but it can sometimes confuse me.

to woodylmg:
In fact, i've no problem to recenter the camera around a specific area and there is a lot of way to do this: the "G" key , alt+ctrl+LMB , shift-A , etc.

thanks for your replies.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.