PDA

View Full Version : Render halt???

tarkovsky
05-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi y'all...

I would appreciate your oppinions/knowledge on this one:

I'm doing a rendering with XSI ambient ocllusion and 1 light box. It's approx. 3500x2000 pixel.
AO sampling is 200.

The problem is I don't if everything is ok, and actually IS rendering because it's taking far more time than other renderings that I did, which were 3000 pixels.

The CPU shows 100% and the memory usage is changing slightly occasionally. The file size of the "supposed to render" file is still only 1K, but I don't know if XSI keeps the data in memory until finish??

And finally I/O writes in taskbar shows about 200 BYTES every 5 seconds (and I don't know at all if that should be any kind of indication of renderspeed).

Thanks a lot for your help.

PS: kind of urgent :)

BenBarker
05-22-2006, 01:53 AM
There's a utility that comes with XSI called imf_disp. You can find it in your XSI directory somewhere (I don't remember the exact locale). If you open that stub file with this program it will show you the render in progress.
You can also start the xsi command prompt and type 'imf_disp <imagename>' to get it to display. It loads up the next frame too if you are doing a sequence, pretty nice.

tarkovsky
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Very nice. And thanks a lot ;)

PS: I found that if you check "I/O writes Other" in taskbar, it corresponds to the saved renderdata.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.