PDA

View Full Version : Garfield2 New Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
05-21-2006, 02:26 AM
http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_garfield_2_trailer

-R

JeroenDStout
05-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I actually feel embarassed for the amount of British persiflages modern movies have... what's going on, have we run out of French, Germans and Russians to ridicule and have now to take on the small country that is so sensible as to actually type the 'o' in 'colour'?

Oh, hang on, I'm making a big issue out of nothing again!

MisfitAnimator
05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
*Sigh* I guess now that they are done with Garfield 2 they might as well do a Scooby Doo 3 huh?

claybub
05-22-2006, 01:21 AM
oh dear....

lol

digital_rhino
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Uh...did they say "worldwide boxoffice success"? I could have sworn it was a flop the first time around. But maybe I'm wrong.

The only thing that could make the Garfield franchise remotely successful would be if they scrapped the whole "hey look we can train a dog to interact with a CG character!" idea and make Odie look and act the way he is supposed to in CG.

Aooogah
05-22-2006, 02:11 PM
The sound you are hearing are the screams of thousands of parents being dragged into the theater by their six year olds to see this movie.

kurtw
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Uh...did they say "worldwide boxoffice success"? I could have sworn it was a flop the first time around. But maybe I'm wrong.

The only thing that could make the Garfield franchise remotely successful would be if they scrapped the whole "hey look we can train a dog to interact with a CG character!" idea and make Odie look and act the way he is supposed to in CG.

Considering the studio made 3-4 times back on its original investment just based on the theatrical release, is it any surprise there is a sequel? It did ok here, and did very very well overseas.

Spritemare
05-22-2006, 03:50 PM
another bright idea :rolleyes: I guess the embarrasing failure of the first movie wasn't good enough for them.

fattyLees
05-22-2006, 04:43 PM
another bright idea :rolleyes: I guess the embarrasing failure of the first movie wasn't good enough for them.

Well Mr. Sarcasm, not that I'm gonna see the movie or anything even a good friend of mine animated on it, BUT It looks like the first Garfield actually did make a lot of money.
Take a look here...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=vs-june112004.htm

It made $21,727,611 opening weekend

It's world wide gross was $198,602,095

That's not too shabby for a movie that had a production cost of $50 million.

It's not my cup of tea at all, but it certainly isn't the "embarrasing failure" you think it is.

phobos78
05-22-2006, 04:43 PM

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=garfield.htm

I'd say 200mil isn't much of a failure..

kids like a moving stuffed animal, and Fox knows it.

JeroenDStout
05-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, I quite liked the parts of the first movie that were Garfield. The real-life animals and grownups (geesh, at least in the comics John is a unserious loser, this man was scary) were horrible.. but.. come on. Garfield. Then again, I haven't been thrown to death with comics of him in newspapers.

Did I just say 'grownup'... I'm a grownup myself! Which is even more scary! ACK!

enygma
05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I didn't mind the first one. Then again, I didn't see it in theatres either. Purchased on DVD. I think the second one looks pretty cool. The cheesy adults I could do without though. Garfield is the man... er... cat... :D

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.