PDA

View Full Version : Animating the progression or growing of an object

coldfuse[ofX]
05-21-2006, 03:17 AM
I know that a thread below has already been posted, but not asnwered around this issue, but i was just wondering exactly how this was done, where an object grows. I was thinking morph targets, but it seems not that efficent as the target must become some bodged object as you cant delete or change the geometry of the target. I have put a link below to show what i am talking about.

Im using max 6 so yea i am actually really intrested if you wouldnt mind giving me some help. Thanks guys.

http://www.alanhettinger.com/load_video.php?video=southern

coldfuse[ofX]
05-22-2006, 12:40 AM
i guess no one actually answers threads anymore?!....

Rabid pitbull
05-23-2006, 02:17 AM
I cant be sure but it looks like it is a array function of some kind or simply just many duplicate objects rotated, while the center just seems to be scaling first. I am not a max user but sure this can be done several ways.

wormtongue
05-23-2006, 08:30 AM
you can just animate the petals with the pivot at the end of the geomtery and scale it up.
i use maya and the way i see it, if you just animate one petal and just copy the animation curves to the rest of the petals and just offset the timing in the 'dope sheet' to your liking. i don't know exactly the tools in max but it's basically how i see how the flowers were animated. hope it helps. :D

coldfuse[ofX]
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
guys thank you very much i really appreciate that, yea i was kinda thinking something like that, i will give it all ago see what i can get out of it.

Thanks again guys really appreciate it!

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.