PDA

View Full Version : apple 12 and 17" powerbooks

cuse
01-08-2003, 11:28 AM
hey everyone, i fancy one of the new 12" powerbooks from apple (http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index17.html) for flights to the states etc, but wanna know if i can run lightwave no probs on there... the spec seems good but im a little hesitant, never been a big fan of laptops.
:)
thanks

cuse

moovieboy
01-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey Cuse,

As long as you're comfortable with the 867mhz G4 under the hood (which is better than the 733 G4 tower I've got here at work) I can't see any problems working on LW...

The only things to consider:

The damned USB dongle: It's a pain to have it sticking out of your laptop and there's the issue of losing it. Damned thing!
Get as much RAM as you can, since Lightwave's a hog.
Get a good mouse, cuz the track pad'll drive ya nuts for Lightwave work! :D

Hope that helps and go get it!

-Tom

Sieb
01-09-2003, 10:40 PM
That 17" one is enough to make me trade in my gateway laptop for, a laptop I have never had a problem with.. mm.. 17"s....

dmeyer
01-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by cuse
hey everyone, i fancy one of the new 12" powerbooks from apple (http://www.apple.com/powerbook/index17.html) for flights to the states etc, but wanna know if i can run lightwave no probs on there... the spec seems good but im a little hesitant, never been a big fan of laptops.
:)
thanks

cuse

Good lord, 2 23" HDs? Where the hell do you put them?

cuse
01-10-2003, 08:28 AM
hey thanks for the feedback...

moovieboy-sounds good, i hate the usbdongle, if i lost it theres the longest wait in the universe to get a replacement, but im sure i can control that :p

Sieb-the only thing i have against the 12" is the fact that its not 17"s :) i mean the smaller one is easy to carry but the amount of things you could fit on your screen would probably drive me nuts :wip:

oh and dmeyer - on my desk. :buttrock: hehe, theyre the best monitors ever, couldnt do without them now...

cuse

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.