PDA

View Full Version : Final touches help

krass
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I have been working on this image for a while. My main goal was to learn to paint the human arm. At this point, howver, it still does not look "finished." Any feedback on what details I should add or things I should do with the colors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

krass
05-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Come on guys. I am not sure how to make it better. I need some tips. Thanks : )

secretasianman
05-21-2006, 04:45 AM
not sure how deep of a critique you want. just on the arm or the whole thing b/c there is a bit of things that you can do to make the whole thing better.

proportions are off, forarm to short the distance between the elbow and the wrist, well tehre is not enough.

the face is skewed a bit, maybe lopsided is a little better?

arm looks to muscular for a girl of her size, the shadeing makes it look even more so.

not sure if you are going for anime or conventional look and feel.

some colors look flat.

on some tones you have your darks mids and lights, then others don't. maybe that is why it looks flat.

unrealistic lookin boobs, sorry i had to mention (kinda bit of a boobie guy) :D

just mainly proportions.

Defcombeta
05-21-2006, 05:35 AM
i agree with what secretasianman has said above, you may not want to hear waht has been given as input after putting you time into the image but consider it as a step to the next peice, my advice would be to start again, look up some referance material etc, and check out some anatmony and proportional reference as well, get these right and the rest of the image would fall into place. as to flat colours i i would worry about that after i have the structure fixed to hold them

j mac

krass
05-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Thanks secretasianman and Defcombeta. I had probably spent more time on this than I should and it had begun to look fine despite the flaws. I would like to say that I drew it without any referance material, so may be that is the problem. I think I will scrap this one and start on something new after I look at some pics : ) Thanks for the honesty !

secretasianman
05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
i know that you are a member here, but i don't know if you are knew to drawing or not.

if you do alot of drawing and study alot of anatomy as defcom has said, then you should be able to get this down.

after a while certain poses like this, if you are doing a cartoonish way won't need any references really. well unless you are useing it for certain facial features, ect.

when you study your proportions and they way people look while in different poses it sticks.

that is why you see comic book artists doing pages so fast. that is who i learned after when i was younger and where i went for my first artistic job.

alot of them that are the more known have learned anatomy and poses and basically drilled it into thier heads.
after a while you see that your pages are full of faces and bodies all doing whatever it is you plan on the doing. it can just get easier, but of course i don't expect that you will sit there for hours on a day like some people.

later on if you find that you are still wasteing too much time on a drawing, then it is time to figure out what ya doing, what will make it go faster, or just start over knew.

hope ya keep posting and keep trying.

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2006, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.