PDA

View Full Version : Script Editor problems

Zephyrpower
05-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't if I'll be using custom scripts a lot In Maya or not...so maybe I shouldn't worry about this, but I would really like to figure out how you can make your own custom scripts by performing an action then copying into the input panel on the Script Editor. I watched the 3Dbuzz video that shows you how to do but it doesn't work for me and make a perfect replica like it does on the VTM!

THis is basically what I do;
1. Clear history and make sure viewpanels are empty.
2. Create 3 simple polygonal shapes and move, scale or duplicate them
3. Copy what I want and drag it to the input panel with the middle mouse button.
4. Hit Enter on the numeric keypad

The results I get vary a lot. Sometimes only some of the stuff gets moved and the some stuff is where I created it. Everytime I do it, there is always a copy of every shape that I made in a small unmodified version. So If I made a cone, Torus and plane and scaled them up, they would look fine but there would also be the small original copies of them...Anyone know why?

Robert Bateman
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
you have to be selective, take a look at the little example of pulling out something useful when echo all commands is on. In general, there are normally a few functions called before it actually calls the mel command you want. Ignore stuff WithCapitalisationLikeThis, and ignore anything with "perform" infront of it. You are normally looking for the command that appears in the mel command reference! (otherwise it's GUI code)

http://www.robthebloke.org/mayaapi/MayaApi1.htm

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.