PDA

View Full Version : rig problem 3d max 8

decorix
05-20-2006, 02:45 PM
hello all,

I've setup my rig and it looks like everything is working correct.
I have my bones linked to the ROOT bone. so when I move my ROOT bone
everything moves with it.

I also have a MASTER_CONTROLE..
all my bones & IK setup + dummy controles are linked to the MASTER CONTROLE.

Because I want to render out in fixed position im using the master controle sothat i can move my character back were it started from.

Now comes my problem..
when I start linking bones+ik setup+controle dummies... to the MASTER controle..

all my IK is lost.. so when I move my ctrl_dummy.. bones don't move anymore. its like everything is totally unlinked suddenly :-(
why is this ?

eek
05-22-2006, 01:30 AM
you linking paradigm should be as follows:

bones > driven by IK.

Ik handles >controlled/linked to helpers or shapes

shapes/helpers linked to master control.

if you have a root bone of the skeletons heirachy, only parent this to the master. Dont parent all the bones. So the root, and the puppets controlling the rig.

cheers,

3d2w.john
05-22-2006, 05:51 AM
i think, u can copy ur char with bones and all setup and open a new max file and take all of these part to here.
or , u have to make a new max file, there u have to make all riggin again. i think.try it once man.

decorix
05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Hello,

thanks for the reply.

I've managed solving one problem and that was linking the ROOT_bone to the placement_controller.... then doing the animation.

I did have one more question which seems to work... I have used a link constraint on the
controle_dummies. this way you can break then chain, but still link it to the parent. This
way i can move the character/animation back to start. I would like to have walkcycle..
fixed position (max8)

have you heard of this?

you linking paradigm should be as follows:

bones > driven by IK.

Ik handles >controlled/linked to helpers or shapes

shapes/helpers linked to master control.

if you have a root bone of the skeletons heirachy, only parent this to the master. Dont parent all the bones. So the root, and the puppets controlling the rig.

cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.