PDA

View Full Version : NEED DESPERATE HELP: Animating Liquid Metal

JohnBo
05-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone, really really need some advice from you good people. For a project im doing at the moment I have to animate two metal object pass through each other, but they need to appear to be made of a gel like liquid metal, ie the geometry creates blobs around intersections and creates gooey trails as they part. I have tried using 3dsmax`s blobmesh but the two objects need to retain there shape until they pass through each other and the blobmesh makes everthing look really rough, ie tight chamfers become blobby edges.
I also tried using RealFlows deform/fill emitter but I cant seem to get anywhere the effect I want. Perhaps cloth, i thought, but no, the edges of the object warp as another object pulls through them.
I am literrally at my wits end on this, and my boss wants to see something by monday, if anyone here could give me some advice or point me in the right direction on how to achieve such an effect, i would be so grateful. thanks in advance everyone.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2006, 01:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.