PDA

View Full Version : changing names in referenced models

sherban
05-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I've posted a similar thread on XSIBase but here goes anyway,

ok, my problem is this,

I have 2 referenced models in my scene. however they each have inner models with the same names in each. so when i import them both to the same scene one of them gets renamed
ie. FACIAL_controls and FACIAL_controls1

I've realised this a bit late - so I actually changed one of the referenced modles inner model to be FACIAL_controls1.
This however poses a problem in animated scenes where I only imported one model and no renaming was done.
ok. so much for the exposition.

The animation information is obviously still intact in the animation scene somewhere (If I exort the model with the old naming conventions the scene works). All I'd theoretically need would be to access these animations and simply tell them to work on differently named objects. However I've not found any way to do this.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

mattmos
05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
I can't give you a step by step how to right now but you can definitely do this - check the manuals under connection templates and also look into the external file manager in the file menu which allows you to rename/redirect files.
hope this is of some help
matt

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.