PDA

View Full Version : Creature of the night

Ivars
03-11-2002, 01:39 AM
This is a concept sketch for a painting Im about to begin with.
Wadda ya think, crit please. All inputs are warm welcome.

bent
03-11-2002, 04:51 PM
hmmm...well, when i think of 'creature of the night' i imagine something with presence and character (as should be with any sketch really) not some bald purple guy looking for his contact lense...
but, im sure there's more than meets the eye... maybe you'd consider adding a little texture to his skin... at the very least.

Threedeemer
03-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Great concept, I like the mood and perspective, he looks really tiny because the background looks like blades of grass. If he is indeed small slightly more of a "worms-eye" view would look cool. I does look like he's searching for something.

paranoy2k
03-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Really cool position...
I like the perspective too!

:buttrock:

Ivars
03-11-2002, 09:53 PM
THnax for your replies!
He is supposed to be realy tiny, and he is searching for something, food probably, some insects or worms.... something.
To 'Bent': As I mentioned its a CONCEPT SKETCH, ofcousre there will be both detail and texture when I finsih it.

Norante
03-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Interesting concept... it looks promising

Is there any update??

By the way, it remembers me of Gollum....

SoulCatcher
03-11-2002, 11:05 PM
:cool:

I think it has some good potential. I love the action pose of the character. And the character looks hip. My only crit. is if he is a human character. I find the ear a bit to high. But other than that its looking good. Looking forward to your next updates. Keep it up.

Ivars
03-12-2002, 03:58 AM
Yes indeed, you are right about the ear, Ill change that.
Norante: No updates yet, But Ill post as soon as theres something to see.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.