PDA

View Full Version : Mona Lisa drawing

shyy
05-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Please c&c I don't draw that much and not so good with the shading.
http://shyboy22.com/mona.JPG

pap87
05-20-2006, 10:44 AM
You are very ambitious to start straight off with a well known piece as this if you don't consider yourself a good drawer yet. I'll try to help though.

Assuming you are trying to get as close as possible to the original, you should make the eyes smaller.
The face is a bit bony, that is, the cheek bones are too pronounced.
With the hair try just drawing the rough outline of the shapes of each block of hair, before drawing the strands.
And with the lips, don't draw the actual outline. If you look at the original there is no outline whatsoever.

You said yourself that you aren't very good at shading, which is a shame because if you can't do that then drawing this will be impossible. This isn't exactly the best picture to draw if you don't believe you have the necessary skills.
I'm sorry about being so harsh, I can see you are trying hard and all I can say is keep trying.

On a good note the hands you drew are pretty good.
Keep trying and one day drawing even this picture will seem a piece of cake. :thumbsup:

shyy
05-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I can handle criticism :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2006, 08:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.