PDA

View Full Version : synoptic key all troubles

ZenTarzan
05-20-2006, 07:20 AM
hello everybody. im trying to make a key all button on a synoptic view. the synoptic opens fine before i put any hotboxes on it. the script works if i just drag it to the shelf and use it from there... but i cant get it to work on the synoptic. i tried pasting the script in the hotbox's script section... i tried saving the script and linking the hotbox to the .vbs, either way i get an error whenever i open the synoptic after saving it with the hotbox (expected identifier-[line 13]... which im sure means as much to you as it does to me) anyway.. can anyone help me with this? it definately feels like one of those things where im just doing someting stupid (they usually are). thanks for any help.
p.s. three cheers for rigging in xsi!

dwigfor
05-20-2006, 07:28 AM
I learned how to make that key all script in synoptic view from a tutorial on www.edharriss.com (http://www.edharriss.com) - think it's under Animate XSI, and it's the rasta character (Adam Sale). VBS as well.

Hope that helps.

ZenTarzan
05-20-2006, 04:50 PM
ya, i did that tutorial... but he only covers dragging the script to a button on a custom toolbar, i need to put it on a synoptic view button (which i would think should work exactly the same, but i cant get it to work).

ZenTarzan
05-20-2006, 04:59 PM
does it have something to do with the way i name the file? i had two versions... Crab_synoptic.htm and Crab_synoptic test1.htm... the latter wont work no matter what i do... but i just tried the first one and it seems okay.

dwigfor
05-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I got it working by defining the hotspot of the button, typing in a link with name, and then creating the function. Go to where it adds the vbcode, and insert your keyall script inside there. Make sure there's no extra/duplicate/name changed, etc. sections in the code.

ZenTarzan
05-20-2006, 11:00 PM
thanks man... that did it. i was just trying to enter the script without refering to a link. life is good.

ZenTarzan
05-23-2006, 07:15 AM
okay... i have another question (and i feel bad making new threads for all of these, so im just going to tag it onto this). anyway, im not sure im doing the 'set neutral pose' right. i cant find any consistancy with it, sometimes when i press it, a couple things move, sometimes it works fine. then when i hit reset all transforms... same thing, sometimes it works... sometimes i find my control objects out in the middle of nowhere. im sure this is the result of some deeper problem that im unaware of, i guess i was hoping someone could magically understand my problem and explain it. oh, also i seem to have to redo the 'set neutral pose' everytime i open the file, is this not intended as a one-time permenant fix? (i guess im thinking in terms of a 'freeze transform' in MAX.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2006, 07:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.