PDA

View Full Version : Syflex and live draging to create initial states

thrischan
05-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi everybody, I have been soing cloth in 3dsmax for some time and now im learning Syflex since yesterday and i have a question, i hope you can help me.

Is it posible to "live drag" a poly/point during simulation to tweak cloths in real time, i ask this because my workflow in max was like that : i started the simulation of the clothes and simultaneasly i was tweaking them "live"; once in a while i grab some polys interactively to pull them from areas i didnt want them to be : mainly to create a rest state. Once i have that rest state i simulate the cloths as usual.

Is this posible? i checked the web and online reference and i didnt find anything about it.

Thanks in advance!!

BenBarker
05-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes this is totally possible. Make a nail contraint on a point, then hit play and start dragging the nail contraint null around. Once you get it where you want it stop playback and save a new initial state.

thrischan
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Thank you very much Ben Barker!

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.