PDA

View Full Version : ReCreate Parray in Pflow

CGArtist314
05-19-2006, 10:03 PM
I would like to create a Pflow system that acts just like PArray where it takes an object's polygons (not faces like PArray) and emits them for one frame so i can create rotation's on collisions and the such. I found a birth script that would only be helpful if i went in and detached every single polygon to its own object, definately not an option. Is this easily possible?

visualchaosfx
05-25-2006, 06:00 AM
I would like to create a Pflow system that acts just like PArray where it takes an object's polygons (not faces like PArray) and emits them for one frame so i can create rotation's on collisions and the such. I found a birth script that would only be helpful if i went in and detached every single polygon to its own object, definately not an option. Is this easily possible?

Hi,

Couldn't you just create the pflow system and then in particle view go and create a position object and select the object. I believe the particles emit from the objects polygons.Then in the birth operator adjust the emit start and emit stop to your specifications? Then add a delete operator and select particle age in the settings window and adjust the life span? Is this what your looking for am I way off in left field? lol

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.