PDA

View Full Version : Steven Spielberg's The LOT: Are you an aspiring filmmaker?

RobertoOrtiz
05-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Quote:

"Are you an aspiring filmmaker? If so, now is the time to take that first step toward making your dream become a reality. "

"Aspiring filmmakers can take the first step toward fulfilling their dreams of becoming a Hollywood director by taking part in FOX’s new reality competition series ON THE LOT. Video submissions and application forms are now being accepted at thelot.com. Applicants must submit a self-directed short film, up to five minutes in length, that may be shown on the website on a future date."

Video submissions and application forms are now being accepted at www.thelot.com (http://www.thelot.com/) for Fox's new reality competition series On the Lot.

On the Lot, produced by Mark Burnett and Steven Spielberg, will pit various filmmakers against each other for a chance to earn a $1-million development deal via DreamWorks. The show will dwindle the applications down to 16 filmmakers who will all be flown out to Hollywood. "

http://www.thelot.com/

-R

sstreaker
05-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Y'know, it doesn't sound like a horrible idea for a show, but...
But if you think about it, you're not only gonna be selling your filmmaking ideas, but you're selling your own ass to Fox to be on a reality show.
You'd be pimping yourself out two-times over!:buttrock:

Seriously though, it'd be nice to have people see more about the other side of the industry and we may even see some new filmmaking talent. However, knowing Fox, they'll have to over-dramaticize everything with a bunch of whining and sh*t-talking.

DorkmanScott
05-19-2006, 06:47 PM
I agree. Terrible idea. No one enter, except for me. I'll sacrifice myself for the good of everyone. :D

Breinmeester
05-19-2006, 08:10 PM
How is it that every "aspiring filmmaker" has the "dream to become a Hollywood director"?

It sounds like a bad idea that will make a good hit. Bound to be a big ego show.

MK2
05-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I ask myself... How does such a dream look like today? Making a "new" copy of a copy of a copy... great... that dream must be a nightmare.

kaiser_pro
05-20-2006, 05:26 PM
The show will dwindle the applications down to 16 filmmakers

nice to see a rather creative use of a thesaurus, i'm sure roget would be proud :D

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2006, 05:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.