PDA

View Full Version : Extension to align flash to center of page in html?

minus
01-08-2003, 04:52 AM
I remember back with Flash 4 I had an extention that added an option in the publishing properties to have your flash content automatically centered in the middle of the html document. Does such a thing exist for FlashMX? -- If not.... anyway to set it up in flash to do just that? --- I want to keep a fixed width of 1024X768, but I want it to be centered on 1600X1200 monitors without enlarging. Thanks for any help you can offer... :love:

Web Guy
01-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Can you not just put it inside a table and have it valign and align? It would not change the size of the flash movie..

fig
01-08-2003, 04:58 PM
exactly what i was thinking...

chris

minus
01-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Right.... of course that is how you do it.... but I had a nice extension at one time that did that for you in the publishing options. -- Oh well.

Kieguy
01-11-2003, 05:08 AM
There's a section in the 'Using Flash' manual that talks about customizing the HTML publishing templates...take a look at that.

In the PDF bookmarks, its under Publishing>Customizing HTML publishing templates

That might be the easiest way if you don't still have that Flash 4 extension or know where to get it. I don't know if you could still install older extensions like that...well, publish templates I guess you'd call this...?? Maybe.

minus
01-11-2003, 05:35 AM
w00t! -- found the old extension.... just did a search for "center" on the macromedia exchange site. Heh.. go figure.. :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.