PDA

View Full Version : Clone/out of body idea/effect question

Indesium
05-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I had this idea but have no clue as to how to go about doing it. I have footage of my friend in a room leaning against the wall, walking around, ect.

What I wanted to do was to have him, right before he starts moving, to freeze and then have him sort of walk out of his own body (I figured to duplicate the footage and have them at equal opacity with one layer not moving)

However, it's not working. I wanted to do this a series of times so that he's at different points of the room randomly.

Does anyone have any ideas of the exact process I'd need to do?

scrimski
05-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Use the time remapping function to freeze him at several points, roto him out in the freezes and try different blend modes

Indesium
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I tried time remapping but when I freeze him, the whole footage stays at that point entirely. It doesn't move (I wanted it to lead up to the freeze) Does that mean I have to lead up to the freeze and cut to him just standing there (ie:frozen)

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.