i need the particles flow work same way when stay, and while moving

but when the emitter is moving the particles doesnt follow the emitter

someone knows a way to do that?, i tried everything

some images to explain:
http://xs100.xs.to/xs100/06204/asd11.JPG
http://xs300.xs.to/xs300/06204/asd2.JPG

DaCman17
05-19-2006, 04:23 AM
from what im understanding you are trying to make the particles move but without the emiter moving

if it is this, just use a wind gizmo or gravity if that is what you are needing and parent it to the system
but this answer depends on you modling package

ZGMF-X10A
05-19-2006, 06:29 AM
from what im understanding you are trying to make the particles move but without the emiter moving

if it is this, just use a wind gizmo or gravity if that is what you are needing and parent it to the system
but this answer depends on you modling package

nop, i need this for an thruster effect, in a stiil it looks great, but animated in high speed, it loses his "shape"

coldfuse[ofX]
05-21-2006, 03:10 AM
i have to say i do not understand either exatcly what you are trying to get, i see you say thrust effect, so you mean you would like the thurst to trail but when emited follow the shape of your emitter ?! Yes?!

Its weird, because if that's what you are talking about then you may need to bind a defector to your emitter for instance like gravity or wind, to create a realisitc atmosphere for the particles to move in. Also you can control from both the emitter and the defectors the particle life and speed again adding more control over the animation of your particles.

I think that may help, im just messing with particles now in max, which is really easy (as i have heard) and been doing a trial effect from a missile as it were. Looking loverly. But please post back if i have it wrong!

ZGMF-X10A
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
']i have to say i do not understand either exatcly what you are trying to get, i see you say thrust effect, so you mean you would like the thurst to trail but when emited follow the shape of your emitter ?! Yes?!

Its weird, because if that's what you are talking about then you may need to bind a defector to your emitter for instance like gravity or wind, to create a realisitc atmosphere for the particles to move in. Also you can control from both the emitter and the defectors the particle life and speed again adding more control over the animation of your particles.

I think that may help, im just messing with particles now in max, which is really easy (as i have heard) and been doing a trial effect from a missile as it were. Looking loverly. But please post back if i have it wrong!

thanks, but it solves with a mesher compound

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=359047

i posted it there also

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.