PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Drawing Portrait | film star

Seven
05-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I have recently got back into drawing. After walking around London seeing some of the fabulous pencil drawings I thought I needed to get back into it.

Considering I havent drawn anything seriously for about 3 years I am quite happy with how this has turned out. I need to work on my technique (need to draw in blokes of shade rather than lines to begin with), and not go so dark to early but overall I am pleased. I am re learning what I used to know, after a few drawings I hope I will be back to where I was a few years ago :)

I am going to start another drawing tonight taking what I have learnt from this one. I am going to draw someone like Tom Hanks or Ian McKellen, havent decided yet. I will post that one when I am finished.

Sorry for the poor photo, I will try to take a better one this afternoon in the sun. I hope you can tell who this is supposed to be.

Sevv

mascam
05-17-2006, 08:47 AM
It looks pretty good,hair can be more natural or realistic whatever u want to call it....
Teach me please...

pap87
05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Tom Cruise, without a shred of doubt. That's an excellent likeness. Looks funny at the moment because of the way the hair and background mix seamlessly, looks like he has a mullet.
Great work:thumbsup:!

Seven
05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, im glad you reconised the drawing as Tom Cruise. Your right the hair could use more work and it does need to be separate from the page.

:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.