PDA

View Full Version : Getting Wacom information into Xpresso?

bandini
05-17-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm working on a real-time animation system using Cappucino to record the data from a wacom tablet. I would like to be able to drive some animations with pen pressure, so higher pen pressure = higher value of the animated property. Is this possible?

bobtronic
05-17-2006, 03:56 AM
Is this possible?

as far I know, no it's not possible.

Bob

bandini
05-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah... That's what I thought. Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

robotbob
05-17-2006, 07:23 AM
sounds interesting though mate. i brought a joystick to experiment with this but have not had time to set up a r+d project yet. motionbuilder can do stuff like this i think.

p

otomo
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm working on a real-time animation system using Cappucino to record the data from a wacom tablet. I would like to be able to drive some animations with pen pressure, so higher pen pressure = higher value of the animated property. Is this possible?

It might be interesting to you to know that here at my local university 2 students developed a plugin for Cinema 4D to do a walking animation with 2 pens on a wacom tablet. if you are interested I will do a bit of research/translation.

The project was featured in a big CG-Magazine here in germany.

bandini
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
It might be interesting to you to know that here at my local university 2 students developed a plugin for Cinema 4D to do a walking animation with 2 pens on a wacom tablet. if you are interested I will do a bit of research/translation.

The project was featured in a big CG-Magazine here in germany.

Well, let me explain what I'm doing and why I think this would be a neat feature. Maybe somebody knows a solution...

I'm creating a sytem where I can paint on 3d objects in real-time, using cappucino to drive a particle emitter that traces my real-time hand movements. The problem with this is that I would like particle size to be liked to how hard I press on the pen, so it looks more realistic. I'm thinking the ability to do this is possible because bodypaint can react to pen pressure, so something in Cinema can read that data in real-time. It's all just under the hood right now...

Anyway, I've got a quick test here (http://www.adamswaab.com/mograph/spray_paint_02.mov) so you can see what I'm talking about.

Srek
05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Sounds like a job for a custom TP node. TP is available via the C++ SDK as is Pen Pressure etc.
Xpresso won't do the job though, this is only doable using C++ and the CINEMA 4D SDK
Cheers
Björn

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.