PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop 9.0.1 (CS2) update

halloween
05-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Adobe Photoshop 9.0.1 (CS2) update - all languages

The Adobe Photoshop 9.0.1 update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop CS2 (9.0) software was released.

The most significant fixes in the 9.0.1 release include the following:

Photoshop no longer hangs for several seconds when using painting tools with quick strokes.
A runtime error that could appear when mousing over a high-res document with the Brush tool has been fixed.
Documents containing a large number of text layers now open more quickly.
Problems related to palettes (slow redraw, palettes go white, possible crash) have been addressed.
TIFF files from certain scanners can now be opened correctly.
After editing an image in Photoshop CS2 via the TouchUp tool in Adobe Acrobat software, the image no longer gets repositioned.
XMP metadata from AI and PDF files is now retained in Photoshop.
Slow performance when toggling layer visibility has been fixed.
Info palette numbers are now displayed and updated when moving a curve point in Curves via the cursor keys.
Problems opening certain TIFF and PSB files greater than 2GB have been resolved.
The Merge to HDR command now functions properly when using high-ASCII characters in user login.

Download (http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/cs2/PSCS2_Updater.exe) | Source (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3335)
(http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/win/cs2/PSCS2_Updater.exe)

Maven
05-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Man that took a long time.

pnoland
05-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Cool, thanks for the link!

Rod Seffen
05-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Man that took a long time.

Exactly, and it's not like they're short of programmers or resources at Adobe either.

smoothoperator
05-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm surprised they released an update at all lol. Doesn't matter they still need to re-code that thing to work properly for Mac's. THAT will be a good day. Finally.

schuubars
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
hmm im wonder if they fixed the polygon lasso tool, i get everytime a crash after some time using it.

Stillwell
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Photoshop no longer hangs for several seconds when using painting tools with quick strokes.

Problems related to palettes (slow redraw, palettes go white, possible crash) have been addressed.

This is awesome.

Spritemare
05-17-2006, 01:48 PM
strange, I wonder why it says "no updates available" when you try help -> Updates.

schuubars
05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Adooobe?! ;)

Nah, the same here. :D
strange, I wonder why it says "no updates available" when you try help -> Updates.

olijosman
05-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Really thanks :thumbsup:

my tom
05-17-2006, 04:52 PM
thank you :thumbsup:

heavyness
05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
i was told to stay away from PS CS2 like it was death itself. anyone who has applied the update let me know if speed increases. still happy with CS1.

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.