PDA

View Full Version : Codehunter, another impressive movie done for MTV Asia !

eightgr
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Codehunters from Stateless Films (http://statelessfilms.com/)
is A 7mins prologue/ intro animation to CODEHUNTERS an on-going MTV project launched around the MTV Asia Awards 2006 in Bangkok

Download it :

MTV_ASIA_CODE_HUNTERS_16_9.mov 147. MBytes (http://www.beam.tv/beamreels/data_download.php/MTV_ASIA_CODE_HUNTERS_16_9.mov?playclip=26641071)

MTV_ASIA_CODE_HUNTERS_16_9.mpg 551. MBytes (http://www.beam.tv/beamreels/data_download.php/MTV_ASIA_CODE_HUNTERS_16_9.mpg?playclip=26641101)

Don't miss this one !!

de_tomato
05-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Both links are the same.

eightgr
05-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Links are working now ! . Sorry !

MasterZap
05-17-2006, 07:57 PM
While it was nicely executed... m a n ....can you get more cliché?

It even has a Pointless Giant Robot(tm). And about every Anime cliché in the book, actually from two books. Why? I just don't get it.

/Z

eightgr
05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
While it was nicely executed... m a n ....can you get more cliché?

It even has a Pointless Giant Robot(tm). And about every Anime cliché in the book, actually from two books. Why? I just don't get it.

/Z

I agree with you for the cliché... but the movie is really well executed .. Isn't it ?

MasterZap
05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree with you for the cliché... but the movie is really well executed .. Isn't it ?

Yes yes, it's very very well done, I really like the "style" of the rendering.

It's just the "wierd monsters, guy with big sword, Pointless Giant Robot that Assembles Itself(tm), wispy hair that almost covers the eyes"... I mean... do we really need a copy of FF7?

Maybe it's just me that don't "get" this clichés and that a japanese viewer is as bored to tears with our western "hero myth" stuff (like star wars, or whatever). But it just doesn't resonate with me. It was cool - ONE - time. But the 100001:st time it's just... argh.

But yes, very very very very well done.

I just wished the "story" had been very very different with the same rendering "style".

That's all.

I dont want to come off negative. I mean it's really cool, but... y'know. It was just *too* cliche. But not cliché enough to be a parody, which would have worked.

Sorry if I offend someones hard work but...... I'm just tellin' the truth....

/Z

AdamHerbert
05-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow, I loved it. Fantastic work! Great characters, backgrounds, and texturing. From what I saw there wasn't much of a story, but it's definitley worth a watch for everything else.

bluemagicuk
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
I loved it ... basicaly everything was cool ..... sure it suffered from a transparent story line and i would have liked to see some "monologing" or just any voice acting in general but yea i liked the characters and would gladly sit through another episode.

lui 2.0
06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
ive been looking for this stuff big time! nayway, can u guys tell what shader did they use for this animation? it seems nice rather than photorealistic ones. this is NPR right? thanks

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2006, 04:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.