PDA

View Full Version : vieille maison en bord de mer / old house in front of the sea

Feust
05-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I would like to submit this paint made with photoshop as a first post in cgtalk :)
All types of comments // suggestions are welcome,

and hope you will like it

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/224208/224208_1147739389_large.jpg

thanks

FeusT

aldog
05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
wow, very nice.
I hope that you'll keep posting more stuff on here

Runecaster
05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh I like this a lot - nice painterly feel to it, looks traditional :)

As far as crits, I could see more contrast I think - to improve the distance factor. This is my very same problem, so I feel ya -- but right now, the foreground, middle ground and background all have the same value (squint your eyes to see it better). So darkening up the foreground considerably would improve perspective I think.

Feust
05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
thanks to both of you it's encouraging ;)

yep, I agree with you LabyrinthineMind (member.php?u=209958) there is a serious lack of contrast.. While doing it, I didn't see it because I didn't want to put too much "black" in my paint, and thought I was right.
But I realize better now that a lot of pictures use colors intensity to bring more perspective.. nice trick !
It will surrely help me to see that, as I'm painting a new picture at the moment..

Yep, for sure it's a bit classic, compared to matte painting, and majority of speedpaintings as we can see it on worldwide forums (including this great one !).
I personaly feel it is a base, that I should make evolve to a more modern/personnal style.. It is in someways the risk I want to take..

And as a self-criticism I think there is not enough life for now in my work, except maybe foreground water.. I'd like to know if ever you've time to do it, what you feel about that.

thank you very much,

FeusT

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.