PDA

View Full Version : realtime recording

baxxy
01-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible for realtime recording with particle effects like you can in the preview window, because this would be really usefull

Milo FX
01-08-2003, 01:27 AM
How you like to use this record, like a master or preview composite for master one? If you tell more, we will try to help you:shrug:

baxxy
01-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Ive recently been playing with combustion 2 and using the particle effects.

When you select a particle effect you can see how it reacts in the preview window and actually drag it around.

So i would like to do this in the main window as i hit the record button i can move the particle effect around and record in real time instead of having to create a complicated path beforehand.
Is this possible

eudemonie
01-08-2003, 04:52 PM
hi baxxy

no, this is not possible!

baxxy
01-08-2003, 06:24 PM
shame...

eudemonie
01-08-2003, 08:39 PM
NO! how would you realize this?
How could the programm know at which frame
it should record the position?

The problem is the timescale.

--
eu

Milo FX
01-09-2003, 12:18 AM
For only path preview, you can use that tricky method:
There is some teaching apps in the market (sorry I dont know their names) they serve to save your all or part of your desktop during working, in quicktime (or avi) format. I hope you know what I mean. First you need one of them. Second you need Illusion 2 (standalone version of C2 Particul Operator). Illusion 2 has same capabilities and you can callibrate the preview window from none to approx entire desktop. Set the preview window as big as your desktop. Stard recording it. And make any movement with particuls in realtime. Than open quicktime movie in combustion and simulate the background particul path with Particule Op emitters. Change the background. Et voila...
I hope this help:thumbsup:

baxxy
01-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by eudemonie
NO! how would you realize this?
How could the programm know at which frame
it should record the position?

The problem is the timescale.

--
eu

Lots of programs let you do this.
Macromedia director for instance!
You just enable real time recording, hit the play button and move a sprite across the screen or in a complicated movement and director records all the action that takes place including paths untill you hit stop.

I don't see why it has to be so different to apply the same technique to combustion.
If it is a question of CPU restictions then you should still be able to use a much reduced version of the particle effect while you set up the effect.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.