PDA

View Full Version : Filling an entire stadium with PFlow?

PsychoSilence
05-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Hy folks,

i have a slight problem with a PFlow :(

I want to fill an entire stadium with PFlow but the alignment of the crowd makes me a headache...i want the crowd (Point Cached Bipeds of People) to look a target. in my case the middle of the stage in the stadium.

i doubt the resolution would be a birth script wich handles the rotation around a certain piont in space...i kinda want to "orbit" the crowd around a dummy located on the stadiums stage...

i attached rough sample image and my PFlow system.

any quick solution is highly welcome :)

greets from cloudy germany/hannover

Anselm

PsychoSilence
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
But how to achieve with PFlow??? :(

galagast
05-16-2006, 01:44 PM
You could place a "Shape Facing" op ABOVE your "Shape Instance" op, then romove you "Rotation" op.

then if you get wrong axis directions, place an X-Form over you Pcached files and rotate in from its sub-object.

hope that works :)

PsychoSilence
05-16-2006, 03:33 PM
this doesn´t seem to work unfortunetly :(

galagast
05-16-2006, 06:21 PM
hi, now i recall somthing like this :), i guess this one would help also:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=298651&highlight=pflow

galagast
05-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, another idea, this also works for your scene without scripting...:)

it uses a find target (cylinder that is high enough) set to "closest surface", and speed 0.01
and thus the speed - "speed space follow" technique to rotate the particles towards its direction (which is the cylinder in this case)

my head is whirling due to insufficient sleep, I hope im making sense.

PsychoSilence
05-17-2006, 09:43 AM
thank you galagast! much apprechiate the fast replys and dedicated help :)

i owe you one ;)

galagast
05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
no problem, glad i could help :)

yoni-cohen
05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
we are filling a stadium too and currently the simples way is to use scatter and add a material by element modifier and use it to rundomise colors.
Yoni

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.