PDA

View Full Version : Painter exercise

vizion
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone,

This was my first real attempt at learning how to use painter, took the time to mess around with some of the brush settings (although i still get swamped with all the customization options). At first i wasn't sure how to really start so i googled for some painter tuts, and found a very nice site http://www.robertocampus.com/. Now i managed to follow most of his instructions and work guidelines with the exception of one step- the blending of the colors. For some reason I'm missing the point or idea of how to do that. In painter, it seems with the values he chose for his blending brushes it was much harder to keep paint from smudging all over the image. As you can probably tell, i skipped that part here. Anyway, the way I started was by first blocking out the main colors of the ref pic used, and then worked to get the correct volume of the pic. Next came the darkness/highlight areas, and following that was the blending step. I'm wondering if some of the more experienced artists here can tell me if this is the way they work or perhaps some have better methods.

ThePhotographer
05-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Looks good, Vizon and it's not the politician that I hate the most on this earth btw ! You'll have to guess who that could be ....

TheShow
05-16-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm not much for painter, but wanted to comment that the work looks very nice!

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2006, 01:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.