PDA

View Full Version : Plugin to get more materials?...

Sunchaser
05-15-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm currently working on some scenes at work that require alot of materials. I would like to know if there's a plugin out there that can increase the number of available materials, over the standard one in Max?

Many thanks.

PS: i really dont want to divide my scene in smaller bits at the current moment, so this would help alot. Using Max 7.

dimaxyz
05-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Just delete used materials(only in the editor slot) , you can bring it back later by clicking on pick material from object.

P.S. it would be great if we can increase number of slots.

JohnnyRandom
05-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Open the material editor and goto utilities>reset material editor slots.

This will reset the editor slots. You won't loose any material settings. Once they are applied to an object they are stored within the scene.

To choose a specific material applied to an object, open the mat. editor, choose a mat. slot, click on the dropper tool that resides by the name field and click on an object.

Or

Choose a mat. slot, and click the get material button, the material/map browser will open. In the left hand column choose "scene" and all of the materials used in the current scene will appear. Choose material.

DangerousCliff
05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
the answer to this is the second answer in the General FAQ thread, stickied at the top of the main Max forum

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=76319

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.