PDA

View Full Version : Basic Coffe help

bonsak
05-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi
Im trying to figure out how do make a realy simple script in the script manager.
All i want to do with this script is:
1. Switch the render setting "frame" to "current frame"
2. Render to the picture viewer
3. Return the render setting "frame" to its previous value.

Being no coderhead my self i have only figured to how to issue callcommand(12099) to render to the picture viewer :-)
Ive tried to look into the SDK but its way over my head.
So any help would be extremly valuable :-)

Regards
Bonsak

Kuroyume0161
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
In COFFEE, there is the RenderData class which has most of the Render Settings, including RDATA_FRAME (which would be the drop-down list where you set CurrentFrame).

Each Document has a Render Settings list. So, get the active BaseDocument and then get the active RenderData - to get the active one, as you go through the list, check with something like:

if (RenderData->GetBit(BIT_ARDATA)) // this is the active one

Of course, if there is only one RenderData, it would be obvious.

Once you find the active RenderData, get its BaseContainer, and set the values of interest within the BaseContainer that are listed for it in the COFFEE Documentation. In order to restore the previous Frame settings, just store the current one to a variable (var) before changing it, and restore it after initiating the renderer.

Robert

bonsak
05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi
Thanks that sounds great. Ill see if i get anywhere with this :-)

Regards
Bonsak

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.