PDA

View Full Version : Which digitizer to buy?

jussing
01-07-2003, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone! I'd REALLY appreciate if you hot digitizer users could give me some advice on this, thanks! :) Please!

I'm buying a digitizer - not too expensive, and I know y'all got Wacom. Now, a very popular digitizer in the cheap area is no doubt the Graphire 2 (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products/graphire2/index.asp),
BUT, why not buy the TRUST work tablet 400 (http://www.trust.com/products/frame-product.htm?artnr=12579) instead, which is 8x6 instead of Graphire 2's 4x5???

The TRUST tablet is bigger and cheaper than the Graphire 2, and it even has function key short cuts on the tablet.

Why go WACOM? What's so funky about it, that makes it better than the competetion? Does anyone out there have a TRUST tablet?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Cheers,
- Jonas

chi
01-07-2003, 04:51 PM
hmmm...thats a good question the only thing that worries me is the non wacom doesnt specify levels of pressure but has a higher resolution...which makes sense because it is bigger. and also whieghs a ton compared to the wacom

jussing
01-08-2003, 07:21 AM
So far thanks for the help!

I'm contacting a dealer to find out about the pressure sensitivity. Will post here when I find out.

(I should add that I posted this in the Photoshop forum because that's what I intend to use it for, plus I figured this is where I'll find the most digitizer users... so, I hope you don't mind me taking up a hardware issue in a software forum :hmm: )

Cheers,
- jonas

jussing
01-10-2003, 09:50 AM
So, I talked to a dealer about the tablets, and while he couldn't tell me about the pressure sensitivity of the TRUST, he said the difference was quality... The TRUST board is for fun, the Graphire 2 is for serious people.

So, I'll be most pleased with the Graphire 2, I guess.

Toodlepips,
- Jonas

jussing
01-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Got it!! Right now it feels like I'll never hold a real pen again! :)

Cheers,
- Jonas

"HO HO HO - NOW I HAVE A DIGITIZER!!"

Remi
01-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Wish I would've seen this earlier...I have a D2 12x12 myself and have never been happier...you probably won't touch a real pen again...and that's no joke...hehe:thumbsup: congrats on your purchase

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.