PDA

View Full Version : Max Normal Map Inverted Import Issue

nicodemus3d
05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone,
Im new to zbrush and im wanting to create a low poly model in max, create a high resolution model and normal map in zbrush, then assign the normal map to the low poly model back in max.
Its all going well except that when i apply the normal map to my model in max, it seems inverted (not vertically or horizontally), so the details that i wanted to stick out from the surface like lumps are eaten away from it and the details that i wanted to be sunken in stand proud from the surface.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thankyou

m3dhunk
05-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi,

If u r putting ur normal map using "normal bump" in the bump slot. try flipping the Green channel. Instead u can flip the green channel in photoshop also. I hope this shud solve ur problem.

m3dhunk
05-15-2006, 05:21 AM
Hi,

If u r putting ur normal map generated in zbrush in a bump slot using the "normal bump" , try flipping the green channel. Instead u can invert the green channel in photoshop also. I hope this shud solve ur problem.

nicodemus3d
05-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks dude, worked a treat!

:D

CGTalk Moderation
05-15-2006, 08:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.